Our Story

How it all started...

Nashville Christian Church was originally established in 1888 on Lot #70 in the Village of Nashville. Establishment was recorded on April 10 1888. The site on which the church resigns was purchased from Matthew Patterson for the purpose of building a Nashville Christian house. The Pittman House, which is famous around Nashville, set on what is now the parking lot of Nashville Christian church. Prior to this time, a group of people were holding church at the Green Valley School House. William Winchester, George Cornelius and Samuel McClary were chosen from the church folks to serve as the church’s first trustees.

Expanding the vision...

The church has been known by the name Nashville Christian church for its entire existence and is the oldest church organization in Brown County remaining at the same location. The building stood until 1926 when it was moved back from the street and a partial basement and furnace was added. October 9 of 1931 the church was destroyed by a terrible fire that was thought to have been started as a flue fire. November 1, 1931 the 89 members without hesitation made plans to rebuild, using member contributions and matching funds the Irwin Miller-Sweeny foundation of Columbus Indiana. The new brick building was dedicated debt-free in November 1932 only one year later.

Where we are headed...

Our vision is to be devoted to Jesus and driven to serve.
This is who we are becoming.

Our mission is to help people take their next step in following Jesus.
This is how we are becoming.

Looking back, we are thankful for God's faithfulness to us since 1888, but we are looking forward with excitement to where we are headed. God has strategically placed us in the heart of Brown County and has given us all the tools we need to help people take their next step in following Jesus.

Whatever your next step is, we would love to help you take it!

Be a part of our story...

Join us every Sunday as we gather at 9:00 am and 10:30 AM.